Official Rules (“Official Rules”) for the ZF Aftermarket Installation Education Campaign
Official Rules (“Official Rules”) for the ZF Aftermarket Installation Education Campaign
Welcome to the ZF Aftermarket Installation Education Campaign (the “Promotion”), sponsored by ZF Services, LLC, having a place of business at 777 Hickory Hill Drive, Vernon Hills, IL 60061 (the “Sponsor”). Participation in this Promotion and eligibility for all prizes offered hereby are subject to the following Official Rules, by which all persons are bound upon submission of an entry. NO PURCHASE IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCE OF WINNING. The Promotion is void where prohibited or restricted by applicable law, and all applicable federal, state, provincial and local laws and regulations apply.
- Promotional Period. This Promotion commences 12:00 a.m. Central Time on March 1, 2020 and ends at 11:59 p.m. Central Time on March 31, 2020 (the “Promotional Period”). Entries must be received before expiration of the Promotional Period in order to be eligible. Sponsor’s computer is the official timekeeping device for the Promotion.
- Eligibility. Eligibility is limited to automotive technology classes at high schools, technical centers or colleges (each a “School”) who are incorporated in the fifty (50) United States or the District of Columbia, and who participate in the Promotion. By entering into the Promotion you indicate your full and unconditional agreement to, and acceptance of, (a) these Official Rules and (b) Sponsor’s decisions, which are final and binding. Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein. Entrants who disregard these Official Rules are not eligible to participate. Directors, officers, employees, contractors and agents (and their immediate family and household members) of Sponsor or its affiliates are not eligible to participate. Sponsor reserves the right to verify the eligibility of any person(s) submitting an entry and Sponsor’s determination of eligibility, in its sole discretion, shall be final.
- How to Enter. To participate in the Promotion, during the Promotional Period, said School must submit an entry (a “Submission”) by filling out the entry form found online at www.itsaboutthepart.com, and including contact details, photo submission and answers to the entry questions.
Photographs posted prior to the commencement date of this Promotion will not be eligible to participate. All persons appearing in photographs must be at least the age of majority as of the date of the photograph.
Only one entry per school is allowed. In the event of a dispute as to any registration, the authorized account holder of the email account used to register will be deemed to be the entrant. The “authorized account holder” is the natural person assigned an email account.
Sponsor may disqualify any Submission that contains references which are (or promote activities that are) obscene, crude, vulgar, or derogatory of any group, or references to illegal or inappropriate activity, behavior or conduct, or any other references that could be considered inappropriate, unsuitable or offensive, as determined by Sponsor, in its sole discretion.
(a) Three (3) winners will be awarded at the end of the Promotional Period.
(i) First place will receive eight (8) sets of Sponsor’s TRW-branded brake pad sets valued at $400.
(ii) Second place will receive five (5) sets of Sponsor’s TRW-branded brake pad sets valued at $250.
(iii) Third place will receive two (2) sets of Sponsor’s TRW-branded brake pad sets valued at $100.
(b) All qualifying entries will be featured on ZF Aftermarket social media pages as well as on the Promotion webpages.
- Selection of Winners. All qualifying entries will be voted on by visitors to the Promotion website from April 1, 2020 until April 14, 2020. The odds of winning will depend on the total number of eligible entries received during the Promotional Period.
- Conditions of Participation.
(a) Participating Schools agree to be bound by these Official Rules and all decisions of the Sponsor, whose decisions will be final and binding.
(b) The winners will be responsible for all costs and expenses related to the prizes that are not specifically mentioned, including, but not limited to, all federal, state, provincial and local taxes, and other expenses reasonably incurred by the winner in receiving or using the prize.
(c) Each participating School further agrees to accept delivery of any prize won based upon availability. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value in the event of unavailability. The prize is not transferable, and the winners have no right of substitution (in cash or otherwise).
(d) Each participating School represents and warrants that all information contained in its Submission is/are true and accurate.
(e) Each participating School grants Sponsor the right to use its name and address (city and state or province), Content (as defined herein), entry form information and written and oral statements for advertising and marketing purposes, without compensation, unless otherwise prohibited by law.
(g) Each participating School represents and warrants that:
(h) Sponsor is not responsible for any printing errors in any materials made available to participating Schools. Sponsor shall not be responsible for lost, late, misidentified, misdirected or incomplete entries or telecommunication or computer hardware or software performance, errors, delays or failures. If, for any reason, the fairness or integrity of the Promotion becomes compromised, or Sponsor’s administration or fulfilment of the Promotion becomes impracticable, Sponsor reserves the right to terminate or modify the Promotion, and to disqualify any individual who tampers with the administration of the Promotion.
- Winner Notification. Each winner of a prize will be notified by e-mail, in person, by telephone or by regular first-class mail on or about April 15, 2020 after such winner has been finally determined. Sponsor may require the prize winner to execute an affidavit of eligibility, publicity release (except where prohibited), liability waiver and/or IRS Form W-9 (if required by IRS regulations) prior to the delivery of any prize (collectively, an “Affidavit”). If the prize winner does not respond to the notification within five (5) business days, is found to be ineligible, fails to execute the Affidavit or other reasonable documentation required by Sponsor and/or the prize is returned as undeliverable, Sponsor may consider such prize winner to have forfeited the prize, and another prize winner may be selected as time allows. The prize is not transferable and the winner has no right of substitution (in cash or otherwise). Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value in the event of unavailability. Sponsor is not responsible for any change in participant’s email or other contact information. Prize is non-transferable.
- Disclaimers, Dispute Resolution and Limitations of Liability.
(a) Except where prohibited, you agree that any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of, or connected with, the Promotion or any prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the appropriate court located in Wayne County, Michigan. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, your rights and obligations, or the rights and obligations of Sponsor in connection with the Promotion, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of Michigan, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of Michigan or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than Michigan.
(b) ANY CLAIMS JUDGMENTS AND/OR AWARDS SHALL BE LIMITED TO ACTUAL OUT-OF-POCKET COSTS ASSOCIATED WITH ENTERING THIS PROMOTION. EACH PARTICIPANT HEREBY WAIVES ANY RIGHTS OR CLAIMS TO ATTORNEYS’ FEES, INDIRECT, SPECIAL, PUNITIVE, INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OF ENTRANT, WHETHER FORESEEABLE OR NOT AND WHETHER BASED ON NEGLIGENCE OR OTHERWISE.
(c) This Promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook, Inc., Twitter Inc., and Instagram, LLC. All information provided by Participants is provided to Sponsor, its affiliates or those working on its behalf, and not Facebook, Inc., Twitter Inc., or Instagram, LLC.
(d) Furthermore, by entering this Promotion, you agree that Sponsor has not made any warranty, representation or guarantee, express or implied, in fact or in law, with respect to any prize and specifically disclaim all such warranties, including, without limitation, any implied warranty of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose, and the prizes are awarded “AS IS” and WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND. Any warranties, representations or guarantees shall be made solely by the manufacturer of such product or its authorized Professionals.
(e) The Sponsor reserves the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend any part or all of the Promotion if the Promotion cannot operate as planned due to causes beyond the control of Sponsor that corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the Promotion.
(f) If any term or provision set forth herein is invalid, illegal or unenforceable in any jurisdiction, such invalidity, illegality or unenforceability shall not affect any other term or provision set forth herein or invalidate or render unenforceable such term or provision in any other jurisdiction.
(g) Applicable federal, state, local and other taxes and fees associated with the prizes and any expenses related to the acceptance and use of prizes and not specified in these Official Rules are the sole responsibility of the Winner. Winner will be issued an IRS 1099 form for prizes valued over $600.
- Contact. If you have any questions regarding this Promotion or if you would like to receive a copy of these Official Rules, please contact ZF Services, LLC, 777 Hickory Hill Drive, Vernon Hills, IL, Attn: “#ItsAboutThePart” Promotion, c/o Marketing Department.